Patch Alpha 0.6.4 is here, and now you finally have something to run and hide from, in game. Something that isn’t so bright, but it’s a start. We have a few really neat systems that have come online and its another step towards this big tech demo, actually becoming a game. As per usual, lots of borked stuff, so your feedback is ALWAYS needed to help us squash dem bugs.
New terrain gen is just trailing behind and will make it into an update VERY soon. As mentioned in a previous post, we are going to open up a second branch of ALL the things we work on, as we work on them, so content will be more frequently shown on that “InDev” branch. Play this branch at your own risk, its possible to splode… but its at the risk of seeing all the pretty new terrain and content on almost a weekly basis before it gets pushed to the main branch.
As usual, send all complaints to @BrennanPriest42 , Why No multiplayer, bro, harass@camfergusondfw and all compliments and virtual high fives to me, @inoritewtf and follow all our stuffs, in general @nerdkingdom
- Powdered apothecary reagents
- Saber Cat predator
- Hollowed Pumpkin Shell
- Pumpkin Cauldron
- Gourd Shell
- Gourd Flask
- Multiple potions can be created using the Gourd Flask
- General animation tweaks
- Added labels to all objects
- Objects now have a durability and deliver differing durability damages per tool
- The flat rock at the campfire can be used to grind ingredients into powders and used in potion recipes
- Apothecary system now available with 5 different potion recipes
- Tools can be broken down to reclaim resources
- Wild alchemy tables allow for basic conversion of some resources
- Eating fruit produces seeds; seeds can also still be created at the workbench
- Adjusted the drop rates for trees and rocks
- Drops from harvesting objects stack and report back the number of items in a stack
- Enabled tool tips for inventory items, can be toggled on/off from the options menu
- Integrated CEGUI; Reimplemented the main menu using CEGUI
- Implemented fall damage for controllers
- Crafting and recipe system has been revamped for more control
- More game data and logic has been moved into Lua
- Restructured game data directories for easier mod support
- Added basic mod support and selection through a text file under /configs
- Minor Optimizations
- Increased stability significantly
- Improved jump sequence
- Tweaked the logic behind spear throwing
- Integrate Lua Debugger
- Implement Debug Console for Mod Development
- Fixed and expanded the Input menu
- Disabled particle-based clouds by default. They were causing too many rendering issues.
- Proving Grounds has been temporarily disabled.
- Multiplayer has been temporarily disabled while we revamp that whole system.
- Fruits have durability bars
- Some fruit bearing plants are over-producing fruit and not properly despawning “old” fruit
- Spears stuck (and not dropped) in the world aren’t saving properly
- Cats and Goats love to get stuck on the terrain and other objects.
- The location to harvest Cat and Goat bodies tend to be slightly lower near their feet
- Can place items (right click or Q) through voxels if you are too close to the voxel.
- When (right-click) placing a Vine Fence, it places inside of the player.
- The game can crash on exit.
- Weapon/Tools placed in the environment return to full durability between game sessions
- When digging voxels, sometimes their collision will remain there.
- Curved (partial-voxel) surfaces cannot be destroyed at certain angles.
- Sometimes grass billboards can pop out of seemingly fully tilled dirt. This is due to an error with the blending; tilling each area around that billboard should remove the grass.
- 3rd Person camera not fully functional; interactions are not working correctly; use only for viewing the seed.
- The sprint key (Left Shift) cannot be rebound.
- Can’t bind the Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 buttons
- The main menu has some placeholder text
- Sometimes when resuming the game, the death sound will play
- Cats and Goats don’t save